Monday, December 8, 2008

December Daily--Dec. 7

This weekend Bev wrote this poem.

THE DAY BEFOR CHRISTMAS

The day befor Christmas is called Christmas eve.
Everyone lovs Christmas eve and Christmas day becus they get toys!
But that is not the true meening of Christmas.
The true meening of Christmas is the day that Jesus was born.

I bought the Little People Nativity a few years ago. All of the kids love playing with it. Every year we end up with pieces missing, so this year I put it in a tray.

"Mommy's tree."

A few years ago a neighbor gave us this 1000 piece puzzle for Christmas. Every year I get it out and the OCD takes over. This weekend Bev got it out and started it. This puzzle will be a permanent fixture at the dinner table until it is finished. I'm not too worried about it--the OCD is kicking in and I'm sure it will be done by tonight.

We have had Mickey and Minnie for 7 years. The kids just love putting them out. They are starting to show some wear and tear--I don't have it in me to get rid of them. We will probably have them forever.

We got them when Andrew was 2. We were at K-Mart shopping. He came walking around the corner of the isle carrying Mickey. Mickey was bigger than he was. Andrew kept saying that he wanted Mickey for Christmas. He got him.

4 comments:

CJ said...

It wouldn't be your house with Minnie and Mickey. The tree is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it in person. The tray is a great idea for the nativity.

Unknown said...

We loved seeing your Christmas decorations and are looking forward to seeing them in person.
Luv ya!!

Millertime said...

So glad Mickey and Minnie are up! I missed seeing them as I pulled in our neighborhood this year.

Mike said...

Minnie's is due for a nose job but I think we can get a few more years out of her yet. I couldn't find my lights (packed away from the move) but it just wouldn't have been our house w/out those two up.