Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December Daily--25

Christmas morning:
Every time we asked Jessie what she wanted for Christmas she said that she wanted a pink horse to ride. It's a good thing Santa has those elves, because I looked and looked, and I couldn't find one anywhere. She opens the horse and--let's just say the reaction was underwhelming. She then opens her stocking and sees these cupcake earrings. Her eyes light up, she grins from ear to ear, she asks immediately to put them on, she sits, admiring them in the mirror for a long time. Christmas is full of all sorts of surprises.
Bev surprised by her Kit American Girl doll.
The Star Wars Lego maniac.
Kiki got a green wagon and loved his wall-e leapster game.
Bev's toothfairy pillows.
After the other gifts were opened, we had the kids sit in a row and each of them open a gift at the same time.
Bev knows what it is and Andrew tells Kiki.
They all scream with excitement.
One "faints" from excitement.
There is no shortage of drama in this household.
Back in July while living in the apartment, I was at Costco with Andrew and Bev. I saw a Wii in someone's cart. I asked them where they were and I was told there was one left. I hurried to the front of the store and got the last one on the crate. I told the kids that a friend of mine told me that if I ever saw a Wii to buy it for her, because she really wanted one. Andrew told me that if she changed her mind we could just keep it. They were really surprised.

Each year Mike takes the kids to the Christmas Village Shop and they each pick out a gift for me. I just love seeing what they pick. Andrew is always very thoughtful--he always picks something sentimental--something that he knows I will love. Bev used to pick out random trinkets that she liked. This year she got me a Willow Tree angel that has a dark brown braid and is holding flowers--totally Bev. Jessie picked a little Santa snowglobe--cute and small, just like her. Kiki picked me out a handblown glass, multicolored bird. It clips on the Christmas tree. Mike said that he tried to steer him to some other choices, but he was dead set on the bird. He knew I would love it.

We had a wonderful day. After having our Christmas morning at home we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa's. We exchanged gifts and visisted, then we left to get ready for my family's party at our house. The kids love getting together with cousins from both sides of the family.

2 comments:

CJ said...

You had one very busy Christmas day. Thank you so much for sharing time with us. I love the kids' presents for you. We will have to get good on the Wii so we can at least give the kids some competition. I loved Andrew's reaction when he found out where you have hidden the Wii all those months. It was priceless.

Unknown said...

The kids picked some mighty good items. Christmas at your home is so special and we are glad that you all found some time to come to our house for a special time with Mike's side of the family. We enjoyed every minute. Thanks for everything!!