Friday, December 26, 2008

December Daily--22

This year I asked each of the kids to make each other a gift. Bev saw a little pillow I had made (with my mom's help I am sure) my siblings when I was around her age. I cross-stitched their names on the front and put a small pocket on the back. They could put their lost teeth in the pillow for the tooth fairy. She started this summer cross-stitching their first name initials. We went shopping and she picked out fabric for each pillow--everyone's favorite colors.

She loves to sew, and is learning to use the machine. I helped on the hard parts.
Mike helped the kids do their annual gingerbread house (purchased at Costco.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for Beverly for already using a sewing machine. That's a real achievement. The gingerbread house project looked like lots of fun.