Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December Daily--29

The EasyBake Oven--not built to feed a family of six.
She got it for Christmas (as did I when I was about her age.) I loved it as much as she does--it is just not very practical. She made cookies--six 1 inch cookies. Then she made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting--it was more like one very small sugar cookie. She so proudly cut it into six slices and served it up. As she handed Christian his slice, he looked a little disappointed. He helped her make it, so he saw the size of the pan. He must have thought that once you slip that tiny pan into the oven it magically grew. It is pretty sweet that she shares all of her baking with us. I am just worried that the masses are going to start to demand larger portions.

3 comments:

CJ said...

I think all (well most anyway) young girls love their easy bake ovens. Maybe she can bake things at different times and share one-on-one with Christian. She is such a sweety.

Unknown said...

Glad that she is having fun with her oven. I would have loved one when I was small but they weren't available in the "olden days."

Mike said...

Trust me, she is having fun but that is a lot of work for our meager portions that we are all alloted.