Thursday, December 4, 2008

December Daily--Late Start Edition

I'm getting a little of a late start on my goal to journal our December. I have taken pictures every day so far. I will be sharing our Christmas traditions and what life is like around here this time of year.

December 1st

Andrew and Bev have one more week home before going back on track. I am going to miss them being at home. Here, Andrew made Christian into Iron Man. Christian was so patient while Andrew worked on him.
The kids love having their own trees. We have a box of little decorations. They take turns picking ornaments and decorating their trees. They get to keep them in their rooms.
When we decided to put the laundry chute in the house, I joked to Mike that I would know that it was time to do laundry when the laundry was coming out the door upstairs. That didn't quite happen, but it was stacked up into the chute. I didn't realize how dangerous it is to let it get that full--it fell on top of me.
December 2nd
I made these ornaments with the kid's school pictures. This is the front.
The back.
December 3rd
Every year the kids each pick out an ornament. This year Andrew and Bev got theirs in Hawaii. Jess wanted TinkerBell and we found the perfect one for Christian--Yoda.
In the family room, we have a little 4-foot tree. I let the kids decorate it alone. They each put on their own ornaments from every year.
One of my favorite things about getting out the holiday decor is putting out my collection of Christmas books. Some have been given to us, some I have bought. I'm looking for one to add for this year.
December 4th
Christian and Jess made Gingerbread houses in preschool today. Christian's had so much candy packed on it--a lot of it wasn't even attached--it was just piled on.
Jess was so proud of her creation. She said that we couldn't eat it--it had to stay pretty. (Not that I would be tempted--all those sticky, germy preschool fingers in the bowls of candy--yuck!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So many fun things for the kids to remember. Loved the picture ornaments. Lucky kids to have their own Christmas trees. Christian and Jessica did good jobs on the houses. The more candy the better. Right!
Luv ya!!

Brittany said...

We LOVED the yard!!! I'm sure the neighbors were about to call the police as we helped ourselves around the yard! I'm also going to try really hard and make Christmas about our family this year, instead of leaving them every night to go Christmas shopping. Love all your family traditions!

CJ said...

Great traditions and fun too. Their time to be out of school was perfect for getting things started -- another pro for year round school. The trees and gingerbread houses are terrific. Enjoy every minute. They grow up way too fast.

Brittany said...

It's about time Kasi has something that other kids want!! I had to hear for the past 6 years how everyone else in the world has a dog!

Millertime said...

I love the ornaments. I think I am going to have to start a tree for my kids since Ry tried to attach his nerf gun in the tree!