Saturday, December 6, 2008

December Daily--Dec. 5

We didn't have a fireplace in our last house, so the kids are obsessed with having fires. Christian and Bev played in the field and got really cold, so they begged for a fire.
I put this above the front door. Christian asked what it said. Bev told him. He then said, "Peace out."
Friday night I went to dinner with my girlfriends from High School. We try to get together a few times a year. Even though we don't see each other often, they are really important people to me. They are kindred spirits--we just pick up where we left off the last time. The waitress kept asking us about our relationships. She commented how neat it is that we still get together. It was then that I realized it--it has been a long time. We graduated in 1991, so we have remained "buddies" for 17 years after high school. Time sure does fly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is great to see the kids enjoying the fire.

CJ said...

They come by their love of a nice fire righteously. Just ask Mike;-) But, seriously, I love one too especially after being out in the cold.

Yes, time does fly, but good friends are forever.

Peace out.