Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

I went to do landscaping errands Monday afternoon. When I turned to drive down our street, this is what I saw.
When I left the house, training wheels. When I arrived home, big boy. I put my car in park and ran out to him. I asked him what the heck he thought he was doing, that he is only four years-old. He just pulled up to me, kicked his feet back to brake, and looked up with the proudest, most confident smile a kid could have. I scooped him up and kissed him. Then, after a few seconds, he said, "Mom, I'm gonna go back on my bike, kay?"

Mike said that he fell a few times, but took off really easily. After only a half-hour of practice, he was cruising up and down the street like he owned the place.
This photo is one of those happy/sad ones. So happy for him that he is growing up and able to keep up with the big kids. So sad for me that he is not staying little. Have you ever wanted to, at a certain stage, just bottle them up and keep them where they are because it is so precious. That is where he is at.
Don't get me wrong--I do want him to grow. Just not quite so fast.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He is such a fun little guy and so independant.
Luv ya!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Way to go C! He is too cute!

We were watching home videos the other night and saw one from a preschool program with A. I was laughing really hard! He was so funny!

Mike said...

These kids are all unique. Andrew says the craziest things, Beverly comes up with the craziest projects and Christian just does the craziest things. I have no idea what Jess has in-store for us. It sure keeps us hopping.

Camille said...

What a big kid. Good job Kiki! Luke currently has an aversion to bike riding--one faceplant into the curb and he was done.

Julie Jones said...

I can't believe he didn't tell us that he could ride a bike on Saturday, I guess he was too excited to show us his Yoda costume.