Monday, September 29, 2008

This week

Last weekend Mike and the kids (mostly Bev) put together Andrew's furniture. It looks great--and it seems quite sturdy. Mike and I put the shelves up and Andrew is just getting his legos put back together from the move. Legos cover his floor at the moment. I will post some pictures soon.
Friday while A&B were at school, C&J wanted to go out and ride scooters. We live on a dead end street with very little traffic, so the kids can ride bikes and scooters in the street. I looked out the window and Christian had put Jess in the bike stroller and was carting her up and down the street. They play so well together.
Sunday morning before church, I got out of the shower to this sight. Mike had gotten Christian ready and he was checking himself out in the mirror. He wants to wear that green tie every Sunday.
For school, Bev had to do a project about vegetables. We decided to be creative and make a vegetable creature. So, last night she put this guy together. His body is an eggplant, feet are broccoli, hair is lettuce, lips are a peapod, nose is from red pepper and eyes are sliced carrots. I don't think he will be with us for long--he was already a little wilty this morning.
Weekend project: get organized. With two kids in elementary school and two in preschool, there are a ton of papers to keep track of. I got them each a clipboard (and decorated the backs) that everything will go on. I have got to be organized or I'm mean when I have to try and find things.





6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

So cute and creative! I would love to see more pictures of your house. It looks beautiful!

I live on a long cul-de-sac and it is so great to let the kids go out to play without having to worry about a ton of cars going down the street at mock10 speed!

CJ said...

Love the vegetable critter. I agree about having to be organized so everyone leaves the house with all their "stuff" every morning. You are way ahead of the game.

mel said...

Keik is so handsome in his Sunday best. I love the cute vegtable man. Is Bev going to eat him? Yum Yum!

klutzykitty said...

I love your organization! If I ever accidentally have a kid I will constantly be calling for ideas... 8-)

Susan said...

I am so glad you started this web site because Mike has always been my favorite son-in-law.

Millertime said...

I love the clipboards! (minus the bird!) Yet another idea from you I can use as my own!

Christian is such a ham! It's a good thing he is so adorable!