Friday, September 12, 2008

Catching up

This is one of my favorite gifts Mike has given me. Sure, I ordered it myself, but it's the thought that counts. It is my fault that he has a hard time buying gifts for me. A woman makes these "Heart for Africa" necklaces as a fundraiser for her daughter who is adopting from Ethiopia.
Andrew had to do a report on an Olympian. With the move and all, we didn't watch much of the Olympics, except for Michael Phelps. Of course, someone already took him, so Andrew didn't know who to pick. We got on the internet (sweet internet) and searched for events that we didn't see that interested him. I didn't even know that Taekwondo was a sport at the Olympics. Three siblings fron Texas all medaled at the olympics in Taekwondo. He had fun giving the report in front of the class. He told me that at the end he taught them about the ki-hap (I think that is how it is spelled.) That is the yell/war-cry done in karate. I am sure his teacher really appreciated that.
Enjoying the end of summer. The kids each got to pick an activity that they wanted to do before summer ended. Bev mentioned that she was ready to return to Mulligans for mini golf. A few years ago our trip there ended in tragedy. A few holes into the trip, she got stung by some wasps. Since then, everytime we have driven by Mulligans, the whole scene gets rehashed--the number of stings is argued, where they came from is discussed, never going there again is mentioned. Mini golf was a hit.

No comments: