Saturday, September 6, 2008

Internet, sweet internet

Oh, how I have missed my sweet internet. I didn't realize just how dependent/addicted I was to it. So, peeps, the blog is back in business. Man I have missed you. I miss reading your blogs and I miss writing mine.


I am loving the new house, it's just taking a while to get settled. We had a lot of stuff to get in and get put away. I am up to my eyeballs in projects to do. I am putting cabinet hardware on all of the cabinets. I am painting my childhood vanity and dresser for Bev's room. I put up a wallpaper wall mural world map in Andrew's room (it is my favorite thing in the house.) We are shopping for bedroom furniture for Andrew. The problem with that is--and I know this will come as a surprise to ya'll--I am picky. I have an idea of what I want and just can't find it.


The kids had a blast opening the boxes of their toys. They had been in storage for a whopping two months and you would have thought it was Christmas when they finally got them back. Andrew and Bev have been off track for the last three weeks. They have been a big help. I am excited for them to go back to school, but I will miss them. I get love notes everyday from Bev in the laundry shute. One read, "Have fun doing the londry. Love, Bev."


Since I posted last, I had a birthday. So now, if I live to 70 my life is half over. I am pondering a lot about things I want to accomplish over this next year.


Mike and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. It has definitely been an adventure. I hope it always is.

Anywho, it's good to be back internet. I really missed you.

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I am glad you are getting settled. We have been in our house going on 4 weeks and still have a ton to do!!

Gald you are back!

Brittany said...

WE MISSED YOU!! Thats cute about Bev's note. Welcome Back:) I'm still looking for the 50 ft. woman for your brother.

Unknown said...

Glad to have you back Alisa. I love reading about what's going on in your life. We've been having quite an adventure in our "new to us" home as well. I can relate to the addiction to the internet. Prior to us getting set up, one of our neighbors had an unsecured network so we were staying in touch with the world that way. Good luck setting up.

http://casa-de-martin.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

We have missed your comments and pictures on your blog so WELCOME BACK!!
Hope to see you soon.
Luv ya!!