Thursday, September 18, 2008

Project Central

Okay, so this truck load of stuff from Ikea...
And this stuff from Ikea...
Are going to help me put together a bedroom for Andrew.
Right now he is sleeping on a mattress on the floor.
His legos don't have a home and his clothes are spilling out of the rubbermaid dresser. I have been looking for bedroom furniture and just haven't found anything that I wanted. I took Andrew bed-shopping. That was interesting. He decided early on that he wanted a waterbed. Then he changed his mind and decided that he wanted a big loft pirate bed. We found something that was a pretty good option, but it was going to take 6 weeks to arrive.

I have never purchased furniture from Ikea, and I do have some reservations about the sturdiness of the stuff. I also look at those boxes and realize that they don't put themselves together. It will be an adventure.
This was the first project I did in the new house. The first thing Andrew said when he saw it was, "Mom, where's Korea...oh, and you cut off part of Alaska--poor Uncle Ben." I had to make the thing fit, so I had to make choices--difficult choices. Anywho, it's my favorite thing in the house.
In other project news, I ordered these clothespin cabinet pulls for the laundry room--they make it a little more fun to do the laundry.

5 comments:

Julie Jones said...

I can't wait to see the finished project, I bet Andrew is going to love it!

Unknown said...

Oh those clothespin pulls are perfect.

Camille said...

The map looks so cute, and just to ease your mind my ikea toy bookcase is holding up really well and gets the most wear and tear of anything in the house. Happy assembling :(

Mike said...

Beverly actually did most of the assmbly with me. It was a lot of fun and turned out pretty nice. My kids and I are lucky Alisa has good taste. You wouldn't want to see the house if I were picking stuff out.

Unknown said...

We'd love to see some pics of the process Mike and Alisa.