Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Very Important Project

I am in project mode. One thing I have wanted to do for a while is make a Lifebook for Jessica. I started on it while we were in the apartment this summer. Then, life got busy. So, Sunday, while watching General Conference, I finished it.
She loves looking at it. It details what we know about her life in Liberia, how we came to find her, and our trip to get her. She loves pictures of Africa.
I used African animal print paper and just a few embellishments. The hardest part was writing the story. I am hoping that she can draw pictures and add to it as she gets older.

I am going to make a copy of it for her to cart around with her (and cart it around she will.)

7 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

What a great idea! I am glad you finished it! If you are still in project mode, come on out here and I can give you plenty to do!

Unknown said...

You guys have such a big heart and it shows in the tremendous amount of love you project onto Jessica and your children. You are such a great woman to model after. I know stay at home Moms don't get this often enough but a huge pat on the back for you and big happy hugs for doing a great job day after day.

Robyn said...

You are amazing! I love all the things you do for your family! Way to go!

Millertime said...

Good job finishing the book! I can't wait to see it. I am sure it is awesome!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing to do. I can just see Jessica carrying it around and giving it kisses.
You are a super mom!!
Luv ya!!

Julie Jones said...

The first things Jessica said on Saturday was, "I have a Africa book." And then she ran up to get it for us. She is so proud of it!

CJ said...

She had to show it to everyone on Saturday. She was so proud of it. The time you take doing and making things with your kids is time forever treasured.