Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Week in the Life

I am a scrapbooker--a scrapbooker that is behind, but a scrapbooker nonetheless. I like the hobby because it allows me to be creative and it helps me document our lives. I occasionally read a scrapbooking blog. The woman encouraged people to document one week in their lives with pictures and journaling. I have been thinking about doing it for a few weeks now, and yesterday morning I decided that this is the week. I think I kept waiting for a week when my house was perfectly clean, when we had a "normal"schedule, when we had a week worth documenting. Instead of waiting to do it "perfectly," I am just going to do it.

The idea is for me to take a lot of pictures--I will not put them all here--and to document as much about this week as I can. Here goes.

A Week in the Life: Monday

10:00 am Christian and Jess having breakfast and coloring.

10:05 Time to get ready. Mike made his side of the bed. He usually makes mine too.

Christian's art work. He taped it on the wall by our bed.

The laundry to be folded. I just did 2 hours of laundry and folding and putting away last night and by 10 in the morning there are 2 more baskets.

10:15 Calling the kids to come up and get ready for the day.

Flossing.

Christian acted as photographer. Doing Jessica's hair.

11:00 Someone needed a time-out.

1:00 Running errands. Chrisitian dressed himself today. The time-out was because he didn't want to wear socks with the cowboy boots. He threw the socks at me when I gave them to him. So here we are going into Joann's to buy fabric for Jessica's halloween costume.

6:30 The kids and I headed south for Great-Grandpa's 90th birthday party.
7:30 Back at Grandma's Andrew played with and fed Baby Max.

9:00 We got home and the little kids went to bed. Andrew had math facts to practice.

9:30 Bev in bed. Andrew was supposed to be too. I went downstairs to find him watching the last of the Broncos game with Mike.

Bev and I hung her flower letter cards in her room.
Once the kids were all in bed, Mike and I watched Dancing with the Stars on Tivo and then went to bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo. That was great Alisa. I love scrapbooking and Dancing with the Stars, are you for Derek or Julianne? (although I tend to be the one making the bed), too bad you live on the the other side of the country. I also enjoyed seeing segments of your house (very envious of the m/bath tub).

Hifam said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so that I could find yours. I've had a great time looking at your pictures and reading up on your family. This "day in the life" is such a great idea. If you are ever interested in digital scrapbooking, I can send you some links. I love it. I design my pages with photoshop and then upload them and have them printed into a book. Take care, Jody

Unknown said...

Love the pictures and comments.
You do stay mighty busy.
The landscaping is looking great. Will be anxious to see it when finished.