Thursday, April 30, 2009

Eight is Great!

Bev had a great birthday. She wanted chocolate cupcakes.
We got her a bed for Kit--her American Girl Doll.
She got a lot of craft things, Pixos, a lap desk, American Girl books.
Our kids get friend birthday parties every other year starting at six. We had her party at the gym. The kids did rock climbing and swimming. She is lucky to have such good friends.

So, for her birthday the last few years, I take her shopping to Justice. She loves the store. Me, not so much. Every year they send her a coupon and she can't wait to use it. They have some cute things, but I guess the issue is that she is drawn to the things that I am not drawn to. I let her pick whatever outfit she wanted. You can see it in the picture above. It has fingerless gloves and a guitar on the shirt. Camille said it reminded her of Punky Brewster. When I say that she loves this outfit, I mean, she loves it. She wore it to school today and when I went to help her do her hair she announced, "Mom, I am eight now--I can do it myself." I remember doing my hair myself those first few months/years. When I have seen the pictures I have wondered how my mom ever let me leave the house looking that way. Now I know how. Actually Bev did a really good on her ponytails. She is growing up fast.

3 comments:

CJ said...

I love her outfit. It does kind of remind me of Punky Brewster too. It is so cool that she got to celebrate her birthday for almost a full week with friends and family.

Unknown said...

Birthdays are wonderful so everyone should get to have them last several days like Beverly did.
She looks so cute in her new outfit.

Andrea said...

Lucky little girl, to have an American Girl Doll, and a sweet new outfit from Justice. I actually have been waiting for the day when I can take Jordan (5) there - it looks so cute! And Jordan always looks through the AG catalog, circling EVERYTHING she wants (which is EVERYTHING.) Those things are pricey, so she hasn't gotten one yet.

BTW, I love your blog display picture - is that rainbow shot from our neighborhood?