Monday, April 6, 2009

"It Hurt My Teeth"

I have always been uncomfortable with guns. I think I have shot a gun twice in my life--the last time being when I was 16. I have recently decided that I wanted to make friends with them--not that I am looking to collect an arsenal--I just want to learn and get comfortable with them. My brother Ryan loves guns--I mean he really loves guns. I asked him to teach me how to shoot and we finally did it this weekend between Conference sessions. I mean, there is no better way to spend Conference Saturday than out in nature shooting things up.

My mom watched the kids while my siblings and spouses headed up the canyon. (We missed you Mel and Doug.)

This was the last gun I shot--it is big and gives a big kick back. Shooting it nearly scared me to death.
Ryan was such a good teacher.
Ryan teaching his darling girlfriend Erika. After she shot a rifle for the first time she turned around and said, "It hurt my teeth."
Something I never thought I would see--Camille not only holding a gun, but shooting a gun.
Randy and Mike.
Landon and Natalie.

It was a great time. We are so doing this again.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy smokes! You're amazing. I don't have the desire to touch a gun at present. Not since watching Erik blow up a bunny 10 years ago.

Beverly said...

This is actually Mike, but I'm too lazy to log in under my own I.D. It was a lot of fun, and Ryan did do a great job. After letting my pride get to me I was finally able to hit the clay pigeons!! There's actually something pretty sexy about watching your woman shoot stuff.

CJ said...

When Mike and the kids came to visit Sunday, he told us how well you did. I couldn't remember how long it had been since I had shot a rifle, probably 35 years ago. Obviously shot an automatic since then. It is a good thing to be comfortable around guns and always practice gun safety. Loved the pictures.

mel said...

That looks like so much fun. Did it bring back memories of the gun club in HS? Doug and I went shooting with Ryan and Nata when we were first married, I shot the first clay pigeon thrown to me. It was really fun, but I remember my shoulder hurting!

Erika said...

Haha! I am glad my dumb comment could be the title of your post! Ryan just told me about your blog! It is so cute! You mentioned you could email me some pictures of Ryan and I. I would love them. My email is erikahansen@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Good for you!! It's fun to be able to do things with family.
Loved Jessica's comment about Mike.

Millertime said...

Your face is priceless in the picture of you shooting the gun! Way to go!

Erika said...

I don't those pictures ever came through. Could you send some again? Thx.