Friday, April 3, 2009

My New Hobby

I am officially taking a break from reading. (Well, that is until I start up again.) I have read 4 books since January--it is small, but it is my goal to read a book a month this year. The situation is that Anna Karenina just about did me in. I will not go into a long analysis of the long (and sometimes boring) book. I will just say that I am happy to be done with all of those Russians.

Now, I am refocusing on learning digital scrapbooking. I have wanted to learn for a while. I got Photoshop and started taking classes at http://www.digitalscrapbookingfiles.com/. I am working past some personal issues I have with learning new technology--I tend to get overwhelmed by it all. The tutorials have been super helpful in this process. I have started a few pages, but this is the first one I finished. It is simple, and I will not be disclosing the amount of time I spent on it.

8 comments:

Julie Jones said...

You are so talented. Those pictures are great. I would love to learn how to do stuff like that.

Millertime said...

I love the digital page. Maybe I will jump on the bandwagon one of these days! Please don't tell me how long it took you to do this page until I have comitted 100%.

Unknown said...

Good luck on your new hobby. You can do anything you put your mind to and it will be amazing.
Christian is such a fun, interesting little one.

Janna said...

I love the digital scrapbook page. You will need to show me how you do it when you get it all figured out.

Andrea said...

I need to buckle down and make scrapbooking my hobby too. I only do it twice a year, it seems. But I have so much stuff that I need to do it manually, the old fashioned way. Maybe if I could stop spending moola money on cute embellishments I could move into the digital era. Go you!

CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CJ said...

That page is great. You really put some thought into it as it clearly shows Christian's progress up the wall. I really need to get with the program and get our pictures organized. Thanks for putting the learning site on your blog.

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

I love that the page you decided to work on (time invested not inclueded...grin) was a page on perserverence! You're ultra talented! It's great to have so many hobbies! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pages..