Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's and The Reason to be Five

On this blustery April Fool's Day I concocted an evil prank for my beloved. You see, I have a stash of all the pregnancy tests I took with each child. It sounds wacky, but I took several tests with each pregnancy--I just had to make sure they were accurate. So the plan consisted of me presenting a test to Mike, making a dramatic scene, us discussing the medical mistake that allowed for such an occurance, etc. He called this morning and I, knowing my lack of a poker face and knowing the stress he would experience at the news, just told him about the prank. Interesting, but I think just hearing about the prank caused him stress.

We try going, as a family, to the gym a few times every week. Andrew and Bev love climbing the Rock Wall. One must be five years-old to climb--another reason this recent birthday was the most important thing to ever happen. The day of his birthday he asked to go to the gym and get signed up for Rock Climbing. Mike told me that he did great, but yesterday was my first time to witness The Beast on the wall.

It is not new news that this kid has no fear. What I haven't always noticed was how much perseverance he has. We sat for 15 minutes and watched him try to get to the top of one of the climbs.

Bev on the wall.
Andrew climbing.

2 comments:

CJ said...

You should have pulled the prank. After all the cute tricks he has pulled over the years, he deserved it. The wall climbing pictures were great. With Mike and you as parents you doubted Christian's perseverence? Oh and Andrew and Bev and siblings? What a great way to spend time together.

Unknown said...

Those kids are sure great athletes! Christian just doesn't give up on anything. Good for him.
What a fun way to have family fun!