Saturday, March 28, 2009

Birthday Wrap-up

It is late and Mike and I just finished watching Twilight. I had seen it before, but this was his introduction to it. After watching something intense/scary/action-packed I find it hard to go to sleep, so I came downstairs to do some laundry and upload some photos. Now I am blogging while fighting off serious desires to play baseball. (I love that part of the movie.)

In our family, birthdays seem to go on for weeks. We have each of the family parties, the birthday itself and then the friend party. This birthday boy has been so excited for the big day(s).

Breakfast in bed. Christian reminded us several times about this tradition. Sweet Bev got up before me and had the whole thing done for him.
He chose Golden Crown (aka Golden Corral) for his dinner. Sean, Julie, Tyler, Courtney and Katie joined us for the feast. It was also very important that the waiters sang to him.
At school he had his BIP (aka VIP.) I got to go in and tell about him. His teacher even had a green crown for him (which stayed on for most of the day.)
Although Andrew has one, Kiki wanted his own Lightsaber building kit. Cause you know you can never have too many lightsabers in the house.
All the cousins on Mike's side.
Cousins on my side.
Finally, the birthday marathon ended with his party at Bouncin' off the Walls.
He is so lucky to have such great friends.
Five things I love about this boy:
1. He says the funniest things and makes us laugh every day.
2. He has such a kind heart.
3. He does everything with boundless energy and optimism.
4. He makes us love notes and other projects.
5. He is a snuggly, kissable, sweetheart. (He told me that even though he is five I can still call him "baby" and that he will still snuggle me.)

6 comments:

CJ said...

What a great birthday week/month. We all enjoy having him around. Never a dull moment and always so happy. Now Andrew and he can have official light saber fights.

Janna said...

Wow! What a lucky boy. He does not go a day without love. My 8 yr old, baby, still snuggles with me.

Unknown said...

He is so special and makes everyone around him have good times. He was the most excited little guy I have ever seen about turning five. Glad it lasted for so long. Love the pictures.

Andrea said...

I love having month-long birthday celebrations (and the kids do too, except they don't realize that birthdays are really only one day events. Every time we go to the store they think they get to buy a toy.)

That vampire-baseball scene is so awesome! I think half of it is the music (Supermassive rocks!)

Brittany said...

He has always had a special place in my heart! I just love that tough kid! Bouncin off the walls was awesome- Camille all but bit me to hold me back! Thanks for the fun, maybe next time the dads won't be such WEINIES and join in!

Julie Jones said...

Next year for Christian birthday if he still wants to go to a place with "Crown" in it, can we PLEASE make it Crown Burger?

I have now seen Twilight 5 times thanks to Katie. The more I see it, the more I like it. Pathetic I know!