Friday, March 20, 2009

Twins no longer

Wednesday was the last day I had two 4-year olds. Yesterday Kiki turned 5. This was a much-anticipated birthday. He has been counting down the months and days since December when Jessie turned 4. Apparently, he did not like sharing an age with her, so when she turned 4 we adjusted his age to 4 and a half. That made him happy. He has a strong identity as the "older brother." I grieve a little at every birthday--it is going so quickly. I couldn't be too sad because he was SO happy.

5 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Happy Birthday Christian!

Just wait till you have one going into high school! It is really frightening!

Unknown said...

Christian was one of the most excited little ones I have ever seen to turn 5. It was fun to watch and hear him talk about it. He is so special!!

Rob said...

Happy Birthday, Christian! Peter is only 3 and already he is talking about how he is turning 5. He so wants to go to Kindergarten and T-Ball just like Caleb. We miss you guys. BTW, our blog is grayfamily10.blogspot.com, I was wrong earlier. -Diedre

CJ said...

Turning 5 is a big event and I agree, he was so excited. He makes such a great older brother to Jess.

Camille said...

Hey, and did you know Christian is going to kindergarten now that he is 5. Oh, I was just letting you in on it just in case he hasn't told you every 5 minutes. He is so excited to go to school, he has told me that everytime he comes within 15 feet of me since his b-day...so cute. So when do I get to break it to him that school kinda sucks (I mean compared to playing with Jessie all day) :(