Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Creativity

A friend sent me the link to this video. I heard this talk at the General Relief Society meeting last fall and I loved hearing his explanation that creativity is a part of our spirit. I came home from hearing the talk and told Mike that Pres. Uchtdorf said I needed to go to the craft store.

I have a desire to create on a daily basis. I am not able to "make" something everyday. Sometimes I create a mess. Sometimes I create a clean room. Sometimes I create clean laundry. Sometimes I create an environment where we can all be happy. I am making it more of a priority to make time to do the things that I love. Right now those things are scrapbooking and playing the piano. (I am also making it a priority to go to the gym. Unfortunately I can't list that as somenthing I love--at least not yet.)

5 comments:

Janna said...

That was awesome. I love him! He is an amazing man.

And your post makes me want to run down to my scrapbook room and create! Thanks for your words of inspiration.

CJ said...

You have always been creating -- beauty, children, love. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

You are one of the most creative people I know. Hope you keep it up. We have enjoyed many things that you have made and love them.

Camille said...

I love that guy, so inspirational. Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it put together like that yet.

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

I love this message! I feel like we've been given the desire to create so that our spirits can break through every so often. I always feel more like an eternal, energized, nurturing person when I can create. And it seems like when i do creative things, I suddenly have a greater ability to do the more mundane things in my life. I also love that you've passed your love of creativity to your kids too...you're an awesome mom!