Monday, May 19, 2008

One Year Ago

This week last year we received this picture of Jessica. She had not smiled in any of the photos the agency had sent us, so I was so relieved to see that the girl could smile. It was this time last year that we were anxiously preparing for the call saying that we could schedule travel to Liberia. Initially we were told we would be traveling in March. We didn't travel until July. I remember looking at this picture wondering what she was really like. How much did she really speak? What was her personality like? What did she think was going on? I could hardly wait to finally get to hold her (little did I know she would want nothing to do with me for our entire time in Liberia.) More on that to come.

2 comments:

Julie Jones said...

I can't believe how much she has changed, she was just a baby then. What a special little girl you have!

CJ said...

How well I remember looking at this picture again and again. Smiling seems now to be her natural state when she isn't giggling.