Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Simple Gratitude

So I heard the thing I hear once a day from Christian and several times a day from Jessica: "Mom, come wipe my bum." Christian had finished his business and yelled for me. I did the job and as we were washing our hands he said, "Mom, I am lucky." I asked what makes him feel lucky. He replied, "Cause you always come wipe my bum." (Can you see why this kid has me wrapped around his little finger?)

It is the little things like this that make me so happy to be right where I am, doing what I am doing. So for those of you who wipe bums (either figuratively or literally) in your job everyday, I hope, every once in a while, that someone gives you a little gratitude like I got today.

1 comment:

mel said...

Hey I've got a 3 year old who also likes mom to wipe her bum. Anytime you want to feel more gratitude come on up, we'll keep you busy! I'm ready for her to start doing it herself! I've told she gets to take over when she turns 4!