Saturday, April 26, 2008

So Proud!

Yesterday we got to attend two graduation ceremonies at BYU. My mom earned her Ed.D in Educational Leadership. She has been working on this (while working full-time) for 10 years. She is a principal in Santaquin and also does educational consulting. My brother Ryan graduated with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.

I told the kids that we can now call her Dr. Huff. Christian got a little concerned and asked if she was going to give us our shots.

Grandma with some of the grandkids. There was a more perfect picture of Kiki, but I just had to put this one on. Trying to get a "good" group picture with him is always an adventure. I either end up laughing or yelling at him to hold still. I am starting to think that those perfectly arranged photos are overrated. I like a little reality in them. This one definitely conveys our reality with him.

Andrew got mad that he had to wear "fancy clothes." Um, pal, that is a polo shirt. If that is fancy then we have become more casual than I thought we had.

It was fun being on campus again. Andrew really likes BYU and says he wants to go there. Even though I went to school there, we are a non-partisan family when it comes to universities. My parents both graduated from the Y. All of my siblings have gone there. My youngest sister, Natalie, is studying there now. Three of us have graduated from BYU. Then there is Camille. She started at the Y and then, as she tells it, saw the light and transferred to the U.

My mom has been the best example to me. She worked really hard, and I am so happy she accomplished this goal. We are proud of Ryan too. He is a smart one (and really cute and single too.)

3 comments:

mel said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures since I couldn't be there. We are all so proud of them.

Brittany said...

I agree the natural side of Kiki is far better then the other! You are one busy little family!!!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Congrats to your family!! Way to go Camille!! I am so glad there are some people in your family who have seen the light!