Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hair Disaster

We've been through this with Bev when she was 3. That ended well--she got a really cute bob cut. This, however, is a disaster. As you can see, she cut off the entire braid. She cut under the elastic band next to her scalp. It is right in the front of her head.


I tried different hair comb-over options, none of which will work. I think my only option is to get a bunch of those thick headbands (they need to be really thick) that tie in the back at the neck. I got one at Target and they don't come in great colors for tiny-sized girl rascals, so I will be heading to the fabric store and sewing some.

She really likes scissors, and she really likes sneaking things under her covers in her bed to play with at naptime. I did the usual bed check, but she got up to potty and must have gotten the scissors at that time. I went in to find that she had given one of Bev's Cabbage Patch babies a serious mohawk. I didn't even notice her hair until she woke up and I went to do it and well, wow! Her hair grows really slowly, so this will be a long process. She will be wearing headbands for quite a while. Ah, the joys of motherhood!

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Good luck with the headbands. Maybe you need to give her more crafts to do so she doesn't take her craftiness out on her hair!!

mel said...

Jess doesn't seem to upset with her new hairdo. Maybe Rachel could teach her how to cut her baby doll's hair instead of her own. A few weeks ago I went into the kids' bathroom and found a pile of doll hair. Jess is still such a cutie!

Dono & Laurie said...

Oh Alisa I'm sorry but this is helairous! I can just say that the kids LOOOOVE Jessica! They all miss her and ask to see her picture here everyday. We will have to get together some day;) Nyanpu really talks the most about her and seems to have such a sweet love for her. She also remembers meeting you! Anyway good luck with the head bands! She is adorable NO matter what!
Love Laurie