Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Moab

Jessica did a lot of hiking for such a little one. Mike only carried her once and I never used my carrier wrap. So, Jess wanted to be carried around when we got home from Moab. She likes being carried like this--it's how they do it in Africa. She will sometimes have me wrap one of her dolls on her back and walk around the house with it.



Delicate Arch in the background.


Looking out North Window.

More in the sand at Sand Dune Arch--this is my favorite picture of the trip.


When we got to Vernal, Mike discovered that Christian's carseat had not been strapped to the seat of the car after it had been taken out and cleaned of sand. He strapped it back in and we were all discussing how lucky we were that we had not been in an accident when Christian said, "If I died I would miss you Mom." I just told him that I would miss him too and then I turned around and wiped the tears out of my eyes.

Aside from the carseat incident, a great time was had by all. Now I am back to reality--laundry, cleaning, and Mike and I are finishing the bathroom in the basement. I have a lot to do before Wednesday. I am taking Bev and Andrew to California--her dance group is performing at Disneyland. This will be a first for us. Normally we all go on vacation together, but I am actually looking forward to spending time with the two of them.

No comments: