Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wonderful, Exhausted

It's good to be home--so good to be home! We had a great time in the Happiest Place on Earth, but we are Disneyed out! I missed Mike, Kiki and Jess SO much. On the last day there I asked the kids to give me two words to describe the trip. Andrew said, "Wonderful, exhausted." I think that summed up my feelings as well. Bev said, "Fun swimming." Swimming was actually their favorite part. Everyday after we were done in the parks we went back to the hotel and the kids swam for hours.


Bev had a fun time with her dance friends, and performing in California Adventure was really cool. Because it was just the three of us, we headed into the parks early. We hit all the major rides early and we were done every day by about 3 p.m. Then we headed back to the hotel and the kids played in the pool for the rest of the evening. I read a great book on the trip--A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. (He wrote The Kite Runner too--also really good.)

Funny Andrew Anecdote: Every night after the pool, we came back to the room and the kids watched t.v. The only things on that they were interested in were The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and America's Funniest Videos. While at lunch yesterday Andrew said that he really wanted us to all go to AFV so that we could be in the audience and vote on the winner. We said that would be fun. Then he said, "No, let's wait until I have a girlfriend--that would be a really cool date." Followed by, "Actually, that would be a cool place to go on my honeymoon." He is just like his father--likes to plan way ahead, and is so romantic.

Seriously though, I do have me a good man. Mike had a fun weekend with the little ones. Every time I called they were off doing something fun. They went to the Jordan Parkway on a bike ride, to the Jazz game, had Courtney sleep over, went to eat with Sean and Julie, visited Grandma and Grandpa Peel. Now it's back to them being home with what probably seems like "Boring Mom."

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Thats cute:) Your kids crack me up!! And I'm sure Mike is very happy to have you home.

Smilin' sunshine said...

So fun!! Brynn is looking at this with me and says she wants to go to Disneyland too!! I want to go too!!