Friday, July 10, 2015

2015 - week 17

Bev turned 14 years old.  I don't know what I did right in heaven to get to be her mother.  I love being around her and doing things with her.  I can't imagine life without her.  She is amazing in so many ways.  She is smart...she is a thinker and and a doer.  She excels at school and takes great pride in doing her best at school.  She inherited the procrastination gene, but gets stuff done.  She is creative, always doing, making or building something.  Most recently it is doing fun fingernail painting.  She is fiercely independent.  She is great with kids and animals.  She wants to be a vet or a dentist.  I love that she is her own person, and although she likes to get dressed up and wear makeup, she is also comfortable without makeup in exercise clothes.  She is sassy and spunky and emotional.  She is a hard worker.  She is strong and athletic.  She does yard work and chores like the boys. She hikes and runs and guts fish.  She is talented and beautiful and good.


On her birthday, she was caring for a life skills baby.  Bev likes her sleep and is really hard to wake up.  Apparently, she slept through the middle-of-the-night feeding.  We will have to alert her future husband that he will likely have to take that shift.



For her Huff Family party, I made strawberry shortcake.


She and my dad have birthdays 2 days apart.


Jess and Henry.


More of the Huff clan at my parent's house.



The kid table.


The freezer broke, so the two handymen of the family watched a few youtube videos, got some new parts and fixed it up.


Camille and I gave the husbands tickets to Brian Reagan.  It is always a good show with plenty of laughs.


Bev planned her friends birthday party.  She did some of her favorite things: went swimming, ate Cafe Rio, made her own rainbow birthday cake, painted fingernails and hung out in the back yard.








She is lucky to have such great friends.


These two went for a run, and looked like twins.  Drew is about my height, and gaining on Mike.


I love that we have a Sprouts nearby now.  Although, out of convenience, I still shop mostly at Harmons, I try to cross Bangerter as much as possible to get berries and other produce.  In the background, you see we made croissant french toast for dinner.


Drew spend four days in Cedar City playing water polo at the Utah Summer Games.


He was then awarded the Player of the Week.  I love that he loves his sport so much.




1 comment:

Rob said...

Beverly is beautiful! So glad you guys are happy.