Saturday, January 31, 2015

2015: week 3

Mike and I spent a few days in Puerto Vallarta.  It was heavenly.


I chose this restaurant because of its amazing colors and because it was right on the beach.





We read and slept and went on walks.


A woman on the beach discovered some newly hatched baby turtles.  Then a bird swooped down and nabbed one.  They rescued the others.


My favorite part of the trip was going to Rhythms of the Night.  We went when we were in Puerto Vallarta a few years ago.  You take a "booze cruise" across the bay to a cove called Las Caletas.





We had a great dinner right off the beach and then rested in a hammock.



Then we watched the amazing show.  It has music and dancing and acrobatics...a little like Cirque Du Soleil.  Then we got back on the boat to head back.



On a certain section of the beach, it looked like God had sprinkled glitter along the shore.  It was so pretty.


We enjoyed lots of drinks.  The bar had cute names for the drinks without alcohol.  My favorite was the Scooby Doo.


We had checked out of the hotel when I remembered that I had forgotten a bag of sand for my collection.  Mike ran back into the hotel and out to the beach to save the day.


I had forgotten my neck pillow, so before we left the airport in SLC, I bought this zebra one.  I should have maybe bought something more unisex.


We made it home for all of the kids' activities. Christian's Jr. Jazz game, Drew's Young Men's basketball and Bev's soccer game.  Her team is divided into two teams for indoor. The two teams played each other and it was a good, close game.


No comments: