Monday, May 4, 2009

Tender Mercies

Saturday was Beverly's baptism. She told me Friday night that she really hoped it wouldn't rain on her special day. Well, Saturday morning it rained a ton. Andrew and Mike came home from flag football soaked to the bone. But, as the day went on, the weather became better. As we left the baptism and headed home we saw this:

I can't even say how much I love rainbows--seeing this one made me cry. Such a beautiful one for such a special day.

The closing song of the baptism service was this:

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

Everything went so well. She was really excited for this day. I still have a hard time realizing that she is growing up so fast. But, we couldn't ask for a better girl. She is so sweet and smart and loving. We are really blessed to have her.

Thanks to all of our friends and family for helping us celebrate her big day. We are so lucky to have such great people in our lives.

6 comments:

creativeguy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
creativeguy said...

Hey, that looks Photoshop'ed in. JUST KIDDING. How cool to have a rainbow on a baptism day! CONGRATULATIONS on the special time and new beginnings ;)

PS Darn typos, glad I fixed it.

Unknown said...

Bev is such a special gal and we are happy that she had a great day. We are glad the rain finally cooperated. The rainbow is so beautiful and was just the right touch for her day.

Rob said...

You guys look terrific and that is so neat for Bev. Your family is awesome!- Diedre

CJ said...

Even though it sprinkled a bit off and on, Bev's day turned out beautiful in every way. Thank you for letting us be a part of it.

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

What a beautiful miracle to have on a baptism day! Bev is simply glowing!