Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Favorites

I am quite behind in my task of documenting our lives, so I thought I would snap some pictures this morning of three things we love right now.

First, the big flower pot. Christian helped me plant this. I put it right in front of the french doors in the kitchen. We have "landscaped" the front yard, but the backyard is lacking in color. I love, love, love looking out at the flowers. I will have a hard time closing the blinds and shutting this view out.
When I was pregnant with Andrew I started using a body pillow. Mike thought it was ridiculous having such a large pillow. He joked that it felt like a third person was in our bed. Well, I encouraged him to try it (great for the back) and he liked it. Now, I no longer use one, but he can't sleep without one. I was at Costco a few weeks ago and found the softest body pillow ever. I thought I would surprise him with it. His response was underwhelming to say the least. Apparently he does not appreciate the snuggly piece of heaven that is this pillow. His children, however, are snuggly connoisseurs. They all adore "fluffy." Fluffy has not spent a night in our bed (except for one night that Bev brought it in with her in the middle of the night.) They take turns sleeping with it.
We love strawberries. I can't go to Costco and not get some. We eat most of them within a day or two, and I freeze the rest to use for smoothies. Andrew won't eat them plain, but loves them in smoothies. Bev won't eat them in smoothies--only likes them plain. Jess and Kiki will eat them however they are served.

4 comments:

Camille said...

Cute planter, I can't wait to see it in person. I love my body pillow too, Randy named it "steve". Maybe you need to name Mike's something not like fluffy so get the response you want. How about Bubbles or Miss Jiggers? (wink wink) Just a thought.

gwen2139 said...

Glad you have a new comment. We have missed seeing new ones.
The planter is beautiful.
We love strawberries on many things too.

CJ said...

Ross can't go to any store and not pick up strawberries if they are available, although raspberries are my favorite. Body pillows are lifesavers when you have back problems too. Mine is a permanent fixture on my bed. Your planter is beautiful. I just replanted mine on our front patio last week so with that and the roses blooming, my outlook on life is much better. Like you, fresh flowers always brighten up my day. I love seeing pictures of your yard updates.

Andrea said...

I have been meaning to tell you how gorgeous your back porch planter is! Every time I look out my upstairs windows I see it and stop and stare. It really looks amazing! (My planter pots are ONLY filled with petunias, that I can't kill.)