Friday, May 15, 2009

Enjoying "Life in the Country"

After putting grass down in the Fall, we were outside enjoying it when Andrew propped his hands behind his head and relaxed back on the grass and exclaimed, "I really like living out here in the country." That indicates what city slickers my kids are if they think this is the country. With the nice weather lately, they have been outside every day, for most of the day. Last night I went out and took some pictures.

Look at those freckles. When we got back from Hawaii I noticed that Christian had just started getting his. The genes dictate that freckles will appear--Christian got them later than the other two.
Christian had his gear--a sword and a walkie-talkie.

Andrew was looking for the fox.

Brothers out exploring.

Everyday, Christian comes in the house with a new scratch or scar. Thank goodness Band-Aids heal quickly (I think we keep them in business--Mike would add that we also keep Rubbermaid in business too--I love me some plastic organizing boxes.)

Jessie does venture out in the field, but last night she enjoyed blowing bubbles and asking the boys if they had found the fox yet.

5 comments:

Rob said...

That sounds like so much fun! My Caleb and Peter would love to romp around in that field! We need to get together sometime! -Diedre

Unknown said...

It's great that you live where the kids can explore and have so much fun. Loved the pictures.

Unknown said...

I love all the fun that really is in your own backyard. All the open space is awesome

Camille said...

Hate to break it to ya sista, but ya'll are country folk now! You know your a country bumpkin when...you have foxes sharing a driveway with your kids bikes. Oh, and dang cute pics of the little hicks. When do we get to come milk the cows, I think my kids would love that? :)

CJ said...

If they are anything like their grandma, the kids will forever remember their "country" adventures. The only things missing are trees to climb and "rivers" to jump in (and that may not be such a bad thing). I hope you get a picture of the fox(es). That would be really neat. Dirt washes off, but memories are forever.