Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home from Paradise

Mike and I got home Sunday--just in time to celebrate Mother's Day. I have been readjusting to this time zone, fighting off a bout of the swine flu (the doctor said it wasn't, but I'm not convinced,) trying to get the kids to stop calling me grandma, and finishing Angels and Demons (loved it--a lot--the movie comes out Friday--I am trying to find a way to get to it this weekend.)

We had a great time. I really like the place we stayed--it was the same place as last summer. It is called The Mauian and it is on Napili Bay.
This is the view from the lanai--you just walk a few steps and you are right on the beach.
Mike played with a skimboard--it was interesting watching him. There was a lot of falling involved.
The first morning we were there we got up at 2 a.m. and caught a shuttle to the Haleakala Crater to watch the sunrise. It was incredible--really cold--but incredible. I went there 15 years ago while on vacation with my mom's family--it was fun to do again.
We were above the clouds.
We then biked down from the crater--we actually coasted down. It was 26 miles down with 35 switchbacks. The guide told us that at one point we were going 30 mph. I have to admit it was a little scary at first, but the views were amazing.
Saturday, before we left, we did ziplining at Piiholo Ranch.
It is in a rainforest, and yes, it did rain. We both liked it a lot.
That is Mike.
That is me.

It was a great trip, but it is always nice to come home. A special thanks to Landon and Natalie and Mom and Dad for watching the rascals. We couldn't have gone without you.

4 comments:

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

What a great trip! I have always wanted to do the zipline there... maybe on my next visit! : ) We did the bike ride last time we were there...I agree with you - it's breathtaking! It's always awesome to come home from a trip though, especially when you get to see your kids again!

CJ said...

I'm jealous. One of these days, maybe . . . So glad you could go and have such a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more about your trip.

Janna said...

So Jealous! I guess we will have to go with you next time. Yes, I just invited ourselves, sorry. What a fabulous time you had. Are you really sick?? Let me come and get your kids so that you can rest.

Unknown said...

Too bad you got sick after you got home and hope you are better. What a fun trip. Some things look mighty scary but glad you enjoyed them. We loved the four islands we went to and have special memories of that one.