Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Disneyland Wrap-up

Now that we have been home from our travels, I am trying to catch up on my blogging.

Before we left, I finally went and got the supplies I needed for my plantar fasciitis.  I slept with a sling thing every night and wore a special compression sock.  My new shoes also helped.  With all the walking we did, I had very little pain.

Day 1 at Disneyland and I had to get the entry shot.  I think the adults were as excited as the kids to be at the happiest place on earth.

As we waited for the ropes to come down, the kids planned out our strategy.

They searched those maps and let us know the rides they wanted to ride first.  The first thing we did was send Mike for fast passes at Space Mountain.  The rest of us headed to Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours.

I loved experiencing Disneyland with a 2 year-old and a 4 year-old.  We have done it a few times before, but it was so fun experiencing it with Max and Henry.  It was magical for all of us, but watching these little guys experience it made it extra magical.

Jungle tour.

I just love the parades at Disneyland.  The the kids seeing their favorite characters, the music, the performances and costumes and floats--pure magic.

I glanced over at Jessica just as she got a wave from Tiana.  It made her day.

Waiting for the Jedi Training Academy (and hoping two particular kids get picked.)

Christian was chosen and later, Jack--yay!

Christian battled Darth Maul.

Day 2: planning our strategy for California Adventure.

After the 90-minute wait at Cars Land, these two were pooped.

Another great parade in California Adventure.

I just love that she still waves at the characters.

Every time we are there, we have to take a picture of Beverly outside The Beverly.

Jessi asked several times why we didn't bring a stroller like last time.  I told her it was because she is big enough to walk.  Aunt Mimi let her ride in the stroller a few times.

At the end of Day 2 we had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen.

Henry loved the characters, especially Minnie.  He gave her lots of hugs.

Then we walked through Downtown Disney.  The legomaniacs loved the Lego Store.

Day 3 started with the group shots.

Christian had been asking when we would get the turkey leg.  While he was gone on a ride, we hit the turkey leg stand.  I can handle about one bite, then I am ready to be a vegetarian. 

Everyone got a bite or two, but this carnivore finished it off.

Camille and I came prepared with ponchos for Grizzly River Rapids.  (We learned from previous experience.)  The best part was having dry kids for the rest of the day.  The second best part was being able to make somebody else's day by giving them our ponchos.

Christian and I watched the little guys while the rest of the gang did Screamin'.  (We had gone a few times and were done.)  We were trying to get Max to take a nap.  Christian turned to me and said, "Man, being a parent is hard work...and you have to be tricky."  He was telling Max that he would give him a treat if he closed his eyes for 2 minutes.

 Christian got his souvenir--a double, make-it-yourself lightsaber.

Saying goodbye to a really fun vacation.


I just love these guys.  We had such a great time with my parents, who are such good sports, and Camille's family.  Seriously, a great time was had by all.

When we got home, I cleaned out my backpack and immediately wanted to start planning our next trip back.  Now that I am typing this, I miss it again.  It really is one of the happiest places on earth.


Rob said...

I love the cousin shot! Cousins are so much fun for each other and that must have been neat to be together for it all. -Diedre

CJ said...

What a wonderful time all of you had. It was so fun to see the cousins together.