Monday, July 2, 2012

we are obsessed

We took the kids to the South Jordan Community Theater production of Les Mis last week, and it is burned on our brains.  The girls go around singing Castle on a Cloud.  Christian asks about the French Revolution (which I had to Google.)  Drew liked it but is a little sick of all the singing.  I sent them up to clean their rooms today with some lyrics about "go and clean your room, do it really good, don't forget your closets, you may need a broom" set to the music of Master of the House.

I told them the story before we went, and that helped them really appreciate the musical.  I am now showing them clips on YouTube.  This is one of my favorites:



They asked to see this one: (The production we saw cleaned it up.)  They won't be seeing this until I take them to a live production.  WARNING:  not for little ears.



I can't wait for this.  Can't. Wait.  I mean, Wolverine is Valjean.



I think I was 17 or 18 when I saw the musical for the first time at the Captiol Theater.  It was life-changing.  I then read the unabridged version of the book for a project for my AP English class.  I love the story, and I love introducing it to my kids.

No comments: