Saturday, July 28, 2012

I'm not ready for this.

DSC_0035_2.JPG by Alisa H Jones

This kid has been waiting for two years to be eight so that he can play tackle football.  He counted down the days to registration and getting his pads.  We tried convincing him that another year of flag would be great, to no avail.  It's in his blood.  Every day he puts on his gear and runs plays around the family room.  Every day he tells me "thank you for signing me up."  Every day I worry about his brains and bones.  
DSC_0033_2.jpg by Alisa H Jones


3 comments:

Rob said...

He is one tough, brave little kid. I cannot imagine Caleb out there doing that. You are pretty tough too. Diedre

Courts said...

YAY!! I'm so excited.. that kid is so tough. I definitely need a schedule :)

CJ said...

With this kid you will always be worried about bones and brains, but it will be interesting. Definitely want a schedule too.