Tuesday, February 7, 2012

prayers

Every morning, before the kids head off to school, I try to start the day with prayer. When we are running late, which is often, the prayer happens in the car. I will call out someone's name and ask them to pray.

At dinner, we pray; and before bed (oh, we are trying to do better at the night prayers.)

And, in every prayer, whenever one of the kids prays, they always say something to the effect of, "And please bless that Dad will have a good day at work, and that we will have a good day at school, and that Mom will have a good day at home with the cats."

It makes me laugh because, for being a stay-home mom, I am actually gone most of the day. And, when I am home, contrary to popular belief, I am not sitting around playing laser light with Tiger and Mama.

No comments: