Friday, February 3, 2012

my lucky find

Saturday, I went with some of my besties to check out a new-to-us antique store. Every few months, we like to go check out consignment stores, and whatever DI is in the vicinity. We walked in to DI, and I saw these lockers at the back of the "yard." I b-lined it back there and two people were looking them over. I saw that they looked to be in good condition and that they were only $35. I immediately told the employee that I would like to buy them. He was standing there because he had just put it out to sell. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

By the time my friends got back to where I was, I had the receipt and was going up to pay. I got approached by a man who wanted to buy them from me, and two other people telling me how lucky I was. Lucky, indeed. I called Mike, who just happened to be a few minutes away in his truck. He may roll his eyes at me for my projects, but he is always willing to help.

They need a thorough power-washing, and maybe a new paint job, so they are sitting in the garage waiting for some warm weather.

Item #10 that just got added to my "to be painted" list.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Love it!

Beverly said...

We missed you on our shopping trip. We've got to do it again sometime soon.

CJ said...

Martha Stewart has nothing on you. Love it that there are six lockers.