Saturday, October 15, 2011

football maniac

To say that Christian loves football is an understatement--it is more like obsessed. He can't wait to turn eight--not to be baptized, but because then he can play tackle football.

The night before a game, he gets his jersey, shorts and lucky BYU hat ready. He talks to Mike about the plays they will run.

Whenever we watch tv., this happens. Mike sits in the chair and plays catch with Christian. Yup, throwing footballs in the house.



At his game this week, I got some of his plays on video. He has no fear and will do anything to get a flag.


Right before I got my picture camera out, Christian dove for a flag and got hurt. He came out, got a drink and sat for a minute. Then he was ready to go back in.


"Coach, I'm ready to go in." "Coach...coach...coach." Coach (Dad) brought him in for the next play.


I love the field where they play. We can see the Jordan River Temple and the pretty mountains. This week's game began at 6:30, so the sun was setting. It made the mountains glow.


Right before half-time, our team fumbled the ball. Christian ran over, grabbed the ball and took off.


I was cheering while shooting, so the pictures are blurry.


He ran the length of the field to score.


We got these cool reflector sticker things. He wanted me to write the name of their team on them--Thunder Storm.


Mike talked to them about the plays they would be doing.


Then, on the first play after half-time, the other team kicked it off. One of our players missed it, and Christian picked it up and ran. I know it's blurry, but I love the look on his face.


He ran some more.


And, scored again.


I don't know what he will do when the season ends. His idea is hockey. My idea is a rest.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Way to go Christian!! What a great kid.
Enjoyed the pictures.

CJ said...

It was a beautiful night and so much fun watching. He definitely has a nose for the ball. Watching Mike coach was pretty darn good too.