Wednesday, October 26, 2011

braving the cold



We intended to go last week--when the weather was amazing. But, the week was crazy and it didn't happen. It is supposed to just get colder as the week goes on, so we just went. I checked the boys out a little early from school (the girls are off track) and we headed to Thanksgiving Point.


These three like spooky things, so they went in the scary clown spook alley. Drew and I waited outside because we don't do scary stuff. I like Jessi's face in this picture. I think she was having second thoughts.


She didn't love it the first time, but she and Bev decided to "face their fears" and go again. Jessi ended up going another five times. After he came out, Christian said, "some people take Halloween too far" and "clowns are creepy."

They all did the Speleo Kave--a pretty small box that they had to crawl through.


We went to watch the pig races and the announcer asked for kids to nominate the prettiest mom in the crowd. I got picked-- because my kids were the loudest. I didn't realize that I got picked to kiss a pig. The poor little guy was squealing and the crowd was yelling for me to kiss him--one guy yelled "on the snout." I wasn't about to go there, but I gave him a little peck on the head. Afterward, Drew said, "You're a good sport, Mom."


Then Bev got picked to cheer for a pig.


And Jessi got picked next.


Then we did the corn maze. It was getting cold, so we got some hot chocolate and Mike got the map on his iPhone and we headed out.



The pig snouts (prizes for participation with the pigs) were a big hit.


It was a good time and a cold time.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

What a fun place to go.
You are such a good sport Alisa!!

CJ said...

You are a good sport. It seems like a good time was had by all.