Wednesday, October 19, 2011

time to put on my big girl pants. . .


Sorry, bad picture, but I had to snap it before I spooked Mama.

There's a mouse in the house, and these two are stalking it. Now, I like to think I am a strong, independent woman, but it's sad how quickly I become a scaredy cat when I know one of those critters has infiltrated my home.

We live next to a field, so every year when it starts getting cold, we get at least one mouse. We have people come and spray consistently. We have little high frequency buzzers that mice aren't supposed to like. They still sneak in.

I am setting a trap today. I need to buck up and deal with it like a grown up...like my grandma did when I was a little girl, and I saw her whack a mouse to death with a broom. (That memory is burned on my brain.) So, today, I am channeling Grandma B. That mouse is a gonner.

2 comments:

CJ said...

The ones that infiltrated our defenses loved peanut butter. Worked like a charm. I'm not afraid of mice, just don't like them in my house leaving trails.
;-)

Rob said...

I HATE mice! You are a better woman than I, I make Rob deal with the dirty job. -Diedre