Thursday, October 20, 2011

Jessi's letter

Last night, while we watched Biggest Loser, Jessi made this "surprise" for her dad.
She sat by him and read it to him. This is the translation:

"My Family Tree"

"I love my family. My family is nice.

My favorite thing about my family is adopting me.

I'm happy that my mom and dad adopted me.

I cannot imagine anything I would want more than that, for adopting me.

Thank you."

As we all sat and listened to her express her feelings, I just thought how lucky we are to have her. I told her that I wanted to keep the letter forever. Mike told me that I better pack a Urim and Thummim too.

This morning she practiced writing the words "thank you, adopt, then and that."

As I looked at the picture of all of us, she told me that she especially liked Bev's hair over her eye. She also said that I should start wearing more bows and flowers in my hair.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Special moments for you all. What a special little one!!