Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Andrew's First Priesthood Session

This photo captures his excitement before the meeting.


Although taken before, this one reflects his feelings afterward.

Every 6 months, we head to Spanish Fork for the Priesthood session of General Conference. The women and children stay back and fix dinner, while the menfolk go learn how to be good husbands and fathers. It was a smaller group this year without Randy and Landon. This time marked Andrew's first time attending. Mike sold his Utah tickets (that ended up being a good thing) to take him. As tradition dictates, Grandpa got plenty of candy, which got stuffed into their pockets. Andrew later told me that the candy was the only way he survived.

When I asked him how it went, he replied, "No offense, but it was the longest two hours of my life." He was able to tell me a few things that were taught, so that was good. The next day, when we were talking about Conference, and that it was twice a year, he said, "You mean I have to go, I mean get to go to that TWICE in one year?"

2 comments:

Rob said...

At least he is honest. That is a good thing. :) -Diedre

Gwen said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I was able to copy and print.
Andrew will grow to enjoy it more as time goes by. The time with his dad and family are so special.