Monday, November 1, 2010

last week's pictures

Jessi was on the floor in my bedroom watching Princess and the Frog while I did laundry. I grabbed my camera because she just looked so sweet.

As I pulled in the parking lot to pick up Jessi from tumbling, thousands--I'm not exaggerating here--of birds covered the parking lot. I was the first mom to show up, so they had not been disturbed. As I drove in, they took off over my car. For a few seconds, the sky was almost black with birds. I have never seen anything like it. I was really glad to have been in the car--the van got splattered with bird poop. As we were leaving, they came back and I grabbed the camera.
Andrew and Bev had their piano recital. They take lessons from Katie, our sweet neighbor who lives directly behind us. They got to dress up and play Halloween songs. They did great.

Andrew had his last season game. His team goes to the playoffs this week. He had been sick, but thankfully started to feel better on Friday. He was really stressed that he might miss the game. The dads get to help hold those post thingies that mark the downs.
Andrew loves football. I never understood how people love it so much. I do now.

My favorite photo is one that will have to remain in our own private archives. It is a picture of a sick Andrew in a hot bubble bath with Tiger perched on the side of the tub. He stayed home from school for most of the week, and she was by his side.

We are a little obsessed with gum around here. My sister Melanie told me that her kids liked trying different kinds of gum, so I started buying lots of different gum. It has all been fun and games until I found stepped-in gum on the carpet of the car and another piece stuck to the back of one of the chairs. A certain child is on "gum restriction" right now.
The only things that remain of the garden are the parsley and some carrots. Christian would eat them straight from the ground. I have strongly encouraged him to let me wash them first.
Last week we got our first big snowfall of the year. I had to venture out to taxi kids to school and back. On days like that I want to stay home. I don't like being cold.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your time with the birds would have been scary. Guess they were just celebrating the Halloween Season. Loved all the other pictures and your writing. Glad Andrew is feeling better.

CJ said...

What a week you had. I don't think I've ever seen that big a flock of birds. Carrots with a little brown frosting don't seem to hurt kids too much. I was so glad to hear Andrew and Bev perform on Sunday since I had to miss their actual performance. They are doing great.