Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Our weekend started with a wedding. My little brother Ryan married Erika. It was a lovely day. Here they are trying to get a good picture with the eleven nieces and nephews she now has.
Whenever Mel and Doug come to town we always head to Boondocks. This is Doug and Lauren beating Bev and me on the track.
Grandma and Kiki and Camille and Jessi.
Bev broke out her new Heelies. She is a maniac on them. Kiki inherited her old ones and she started providing Heelies classes in the basement. Class the first day was entitled "the basics."

We went to the aquarium. Mike takes the kids there a lot. They love touching the sting ray. It was fun watching them have fun, although I did get creeped out when I saw the sea urchin. When I was a teenager I stepped on one in Hawaii, and I can't see one without getting a little shiver down my spine.
Kiki got his own library card and put it in his green wallet. He felt like such a big kid.
Several months ago after eating a cantaloupe, the kids took some of the seeds and planted them. We are actually getting some from it.
We are getting a few watermelons too. This is the largest.
Having a garden has been so much fun. Christian and Bev especially enjoy picking the fruit and veggies.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Your family is so fun! -Diedre

Gwen said...

Glad we got to see the newest couple in your family. Kids are so much fun. It's wonderful that your kids get to go so many interesting and fun places. Your garden is producing delicious items.
Gma

Julie Jones said...

You having a garden is so much fun for ME. I am loving the tomatoes and cucumbers you brought over!!

CJ said...

Ryan and Erika look wonderful. I wanted to say beautiful, but Ryan might object to that. It looks like you all had a great time at Boondocks and the aquarium. I would love to be a fly on the wall during some of Bev's teaching sessions. I remember all the years of gardening and canning. A lot of work, but so many good things to enjoy. Thanks for sharing the pictures.