Saturday, September 5, 2009

a dozen years

Twelve years ago I married this guy. I had just turned 24 and he had not even turned 23--I didn't feel old enough to be getting married.


Okay, now that I look at those two pictures I'm not sure it's such a good idea to post them together. It's kind of like one of those before and after shots where one is perfect and the other hideous. Mike looks better now than the day I married him. Me, well, I have had a few kids.


The current picture was taken at my brother's wedding Thursday. As we attended the ceremony, I brushed back the cobwebs in my memory and remembered our wedding. So much has happened in our lives in twelve years. Four great kids. Four different residences. Several job changes. Happy times. Sad times. Adventures and trials and lots of fun.


Marriage (like parenting) is a mixed bag--it is the best and the hardest endeavor I have ever undertaken. I am so lucky to have Mike as my partner. He helps me keep perspective. He is a great father to my kids. He supports me in all my endeavors. He works hard and provides for us. He makes me laugh everyday. He is cute. We have fun together. We balance each other out.


Here's to another dozen years!

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

You are both lucky and such a great pair.
Here's to lots, lots, lots more happy and fun years together!!

CJ said...

I think that is why going to receptions is great -- it reminds us of the good things. I wish you many more wonderful years together.