Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's Just Another Manic Saturday

Crazy, busy Fall days are here again. And this (filled with D.P.) helped me get through it.
Also, I am missing my Nikon--she is in the camera hospital, in some other state, and I want her back.

Chrisitan tested for his blue belt in Taekwondo. He loves karate.

Christian doing his board break. He did really well at testing.


Andrew sat by me and videotaped while I took pictures. After Christian finished his form this happened. I know he won't always do it in public, but I hope he will always hold my hand.


Then we rushed home to meet up with Mike (who left the testing early) to take Christian to his first soccer game.


Mike is coaching Andrew's flag football team. They had practice right after Christian's testing.



Then it was back to karate. Bev had a mid-term testing. There is a lot of memorizing, and it is sometimes hard for her, but she worked really hard and did well.

Andrew tested for his Second Degree Black Belt. He had to break three boards. He broke two. Then he got nervous because you can't make many mistakes and still pass.

He then did three weapon forms. The bahng mahng ee form he did with his instructor, Mr. Banford.
The ssahng jeol bong form is so fun to watch.

He then did the bo staff form.


He passed his testing. This is him receiving his new belt.

Tradition is that the family, who helped him earn the belt, gets to help tie it on. Dad saw all of the testing, but had to leave early for the next activity. Grandma stepped in in his place.

We then hurried to watch the end of Mike's flag football game. I like going to the games--it's fun to watch him play and it is fun to see the other friends and family there. He plays with Ryan and Sean.
We came home and relaxed, then went to dinner to celebrate Andrew's big day.
It was a crazy day, but a good day. Thank goodness we have a week to recover before we attempt this again.

3 comments:

CJ said...

And I thought my Saturday was crazy. Thanks for letting me fill in for Mike. Andrew and Bev worked really hard and did so well. I enjoyed watching them. I wish I could be there for everything, but haven't learned how to clone myself yet.

Unknown said...

Glad the kids are doing so well. We are proud of them and their accomplishments.
The pictures were great even though the one you like best is in the camera hospital.

Rob said...

You are Super Mom! I wish I had more moments of "Superness" but a las. Sounds like a very good day to be proud of your family. -Diedre