Sunday, August 2, 2009

Timpanogos

We just can't seem to stay home much. Friday, Mike and I looked at each other and realized that we had nothing to do on Saturday. What to do, what to do? Well, we had to plan something of course. So, Mike decided that since it had been 2 years since we last hiked to the Timpanogos Caves, we should do it again. He got on the phone with Sean and they decided to come with.
I had forgotten my nerves with the little children and the cliffs.
I did great for the first half. Then it got hard. Everyone else in the group is all athletic and well, I'm not, so Jess and I took our own sweet time. Mike saw us from above, so I did a fake pass-out. I scared a lady behind us though--I had to reassure her that I was just posing for a picture. She acted like that was a stupid thing to do.
Mike took the kids in the caves and Sean waited for Jess and me to make it to the top. Poor little Jessie. I was reminding her that we brought her on this same hike 2 weeks after coming home from Africa. I told her that I carried her in a backpack the whole way and that now she is a big girl and can walk it. She kept mentioning that she wanted the backpack again. She mentioned that she has little legs. A few minutes later she mentioned that she has little feet. Then she mentioned that she has little hands. (She was sure persistent on the her being little thing.)Between the two of us we made several stops. All of the kids walked the whole way. Andrew was sick, but did the hike anyway.

On the way down.
It was fun, but I think I'm good for another few years.

3 comments:

CJ said...

I can actually hear Jessican making the "small" comments. I bet the lady behind was not amused at your fake pass-out, but I was. I'm glad they got a picture. I'm so glad you can find humor in just about anything. It will serve you well. It seems like forever since we made that hike with the kids.

Julie Jones said...

I feel kind of guilty for relaxing and watching a movie in a nice cool theater while you all suffered in the heat.

(I thought "The Crocodile Hunter" was dead, that's cool that you got him to hike Timpanogos with you!)

gwen2139 said...

Glad you were persistant and finished with Jessica, little feet and all. It's quite the hike. I well remember when we took Claudia when she was little.
Loved your pose that scared the lady. You are such a good sport.