Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ten- (sniff, sniff) year-old pictures

I have recently been trying to get pictures of each child. I have so much to learn about taking good pictures, but I will not--do you hear me--will not ever go to Kiddie Kandids again. It's actually been several years since I have put myself through that torture. Anyhoo, last night was Andrew's last night as a nine-year-old. We got home and the light outside was great, so I grabbed him and we went in the field and took some pictures. Getting him to smile for a picture--a smile that doesn't look constipated or painful--is difficult. When trying to take a group picture with him in it I often end up getting so frustrated I yell something like, "Just smile for the picture, or so help me..." I know that my yelling at him to smile doesn't inspire a smile. I know it, but oh, man it's tough. I am so happy I got some good ones of him. I kept telling him that someday he would thank me for taking so many pictures of him. He replied that in fact, "no" he would not appreciate it. He did it for me, and I am so glad he did. I just love this kid.












These are on our grass in the backyard.











6 comments:

CJ said...

Those pictures are terrific -- and priceless. I can't remember when he has had such a great smile for pictures. Yes, he will thank you later albeit probably much later. However, the rest of us thank you now.

Katie said...

Wow, you are a good photographer. You probably have a good camera too. He looks so cute. I can't believe how fast kids grow up!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Those turned out great! I can't believe he is 10!

Landon & Natalie said...

That's so refreshing. I don't think I have seen this kid smile normally since he was a baby. We can see he is actually a handsome boy!

Grandma said...

These are the best pictures ever of Andrew. Good for you and he will thank you later on.
He is a mighty handsome guy!!

Rob said...

Great! Caleb is actually my only one that will stay for the camera and his smile is such a cheese or so sincere. Peter is usually just too busy for the camera and William, well he just will not stay still. He is on the go! Your family is beautiful, we miss seeing you. Good luck to Christian in school! -Diedre