Tuesday, August 18, 2009

back to reality

After a very full summer, we are now getting back into the swing of things. Monday, these two started school. Andrew is now in fourth grade and Bev is in third. She got sick the last day in Yellowstone, so she wasn't feeling it the first day.
Andrew got this backpack for kindergarten. He wants to use it for all of elementary school. I had a little zipper repair, but it is still in good shape.
Here he is wearing it for his first day of kindergarten in 2005.

Bev on her first day of kindergarten.
We had a great summer, but all good things must come to an end. I really like having them home with me--having fun together, sleeping in. But I know that they must go out into the world and learn stuff. They are both excited about school and anxious to learn.
Already after only two days Christian really misses Bev. She is always playing school with the babies and entertaining them and doing projects with them. They are both a little lost without her.
I'm a little lost without them too.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

The first day of school was always a little "teary" for me when the girls were small.
Sorry Beverly was sick. Hope she is all better now.
Glad you had a good time in Yellowstone. It's a beautiful place.

CJ said...

The first day of school each year is a new adventure for all the family. A change in dynamics at home and school. I loved it and hated it at the same time. I hope the kids really enjoy this year.

Janna said...

My kids don't start until next Monday, the 31st. I am so happy to have them home and sad that they have to go to school. But I know too that I wouldn't be able to teach them at home. It is bittersweet.
I wish that my kids would use the same backpack, they think they need a new one every year.