Friday, June 15, 2012

legomania


Another project for the boys while they were off track was lego organizing.  Between the two boys, we have lots of them, and they were getting a little out of control.  I also needed to regain the use of my cookie sheets.  They use them to hold their projects while they work on them.  Christian had seven and Drew had four.  I had one.  


Christian organized his instruction manuals and then rebuilt two creations.


While Drew was recovering from his tonsils, he worked on his a little here and there.


One day, Christian hauled all of his Ninjagos into Drew's room and they had a Ninjagos vs. Harry Potter battle.






Once we got Christian's all organized, he put the complete ones on his lego bookcase.  (These Expedit bookcases are my favorite.  Christian has two, Drew has one, and I have two big ones in my craft room.)


After searching through 11 drawers of Legos, we finally bit the bullet and ordered a few of the missing pieces online.


Christian earned a Lego while they were off track.  He had been following this Furno Bike on ebay.  We did some bidding and won, and it arrived on Monday.  He got it directly from the mail lady, walked in the house and assembled it right inside the front door.  






This last few weeks, I did plenty of this:


1 comment:

Rob said...

From one lego mom to another, that is AMAZING! The organization, the display! My boys would be soooo jealous to see your boys' collection. And that they keep them all so nice and together like that. Wow! We glued Hogwarts castle together with rubber cement just so it would last a little longer as it was supposed to be. Those are awesome! I wish my boys had someplace that open to play with theirs but their room is so small. All three boys in one room. Caleb's birthday is coming up and he is asking for more legos... it is fun and crazy at the same time. -Diedre